PIK (Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research) is offering a Position as Scientific Data Manager in the Inter-Sectoral Impact Model Intercomparison Project (ISIMIP). ISIMIP is a leading global climate impact modeling initiative. They work together with the diverse communities researching climate impacts, covering for example agriculture, water, or biodiversity. At PIK they coordinate the model simulations and curate the input and output data of the impact models. They aim to fill the position at the earliest possible date.
The position requires good skills in project management and team communication to bring together and resolve the diverse demands from both science and data quality and curation, including the many requests from the project consortia and the research community.
- Coordinate and manage the data flows between consortium members of above projects, the ISIMIP modeling teams and the ISIMIP data management team,
- Interact with the consortium members (NEVERMORE, SPARCCLE) and modeling teams taking part in ISIMIP (e.g. model documentation, licensing),
- Curate and communicate changes and caveats of the ISIMIP data portfolio, and data generated within the NEVERMORE and SPARCCLE projects,
- Pre- and post-processing of climate impact simulation data generated in NEVERMORE and SPARCCLE and submitted to ISIMIP by participating modeling teams,
- Process and provide ISIMIP simulation data and formats as requested by project partners,
- Attend project meetings and write or contribute to project reports and deliverables,
- Develop further data management tools and processes to improve the data flows within the projects, as well the ISIMIP data submission and publication work flow (e.g. automatic quality checks, versioning, guided access for external users).
Deadline: the application process remains open until the position is filled.