Best Poster Award - Best poster presentation at the IAMC Annual Meeting
The Best Poster Award (BPA) recognises the best poster presentation in a given IAMC Annual Meeting. In the criteria for determining the best poster, the jury considers:
- preference for junior researcher as first author,
- the presence of author at the IAMC Meeting,
- the quality and novelty of the analysis and
- the presentation of material (should be well organized and “catchy”).
The BPA can be given more than once to a single person. Moreover, winning of the BPA does not exclude the winner from being nominated for other awards in the same year or in the future.
“Quantifying the cost savings of global solar photovoltaic supply chains”
“The global and regional air quality impacts of dietary change”
“Representing Reservoir Storage in an Integrated Model of Global Energy-Water-Land Dynamics”
“Materials industry modelling in net-zero emissions scenarios: the case of steel and cement”
WORK IN PROGRESS – DO NOT CITE
“The Road to Glasgow: Updates to climate pledges improve chances of limiting global climate change”
“Risk factor pathways: translating climate scenario data into useful metrics for financial risk analysis”
“Hi-resolution assessment of global rooftop solar PV’s technical and economic potential using big data and machine learning”
All poster presenters are candidates for the prize.
The Evaluating Committee is appointed by the Scientific Steering Committee (SSC) one month before the Annual Meeting.
The Evaluating Committee will consider the following selection criteria:
- Junior researcher as first author
- Poster author present at the IAMC meeting
- Poster topic and analysis novel
- Presentation of material well organized and “catchy”
Mode of evaluation:
- Up to 5 nominations per committee member
- Votes from members from the same institution as poster presenter don’t count
- Ranking of posters by number of votes to determine the winner(s).
Previous Evaluating Committees:
- 2021: Jae Edmonds, Shinichiro Fujimori, Jennifer Morris, Keywan Riahi, Peter Russ, Roberto Schaeffer, Saritha Sudharmma Vishwanathan, Detlef van Vuuren, John Weyant
- 2020: Jae Edmonds, Shinichiro Fujimori, Brian O’Neill, Keywan Riahi, Peter Russ, Roberto Schaeffer, Detlef van Vuuren
- 2019: Jae Edmonds, Shinichiro Fujimori, Brian O’Neill, Keywan Riahi, Peter Russ, Detlef van Vuuren
- 2018: Jae Edmonds, Tom Kram, Brian O’Neill, Roberto Schaeffer, Bas Van Ruijven
Awardees are announced at the Annual Meeting, during an Awards Ceremony taking place as a plenary session.
The awardee is not informed in advance, but there may be exceptions.
The announcement will be accompanied with a plaque and a written motivation.