PIK’s Research Department III – Transformation pathways – is offering a Researcher position: Global energy transition modeling (m/f/d)
(Position number: RD3-xxx) in the field of integrated assessment modelling of climate change starting on 01.01.2024.
The position is initially funded for two years for a postdoctoral researcher or for three years for a doctoral researcher.
• Performing global energy transition scenario analysis with the integrated assessment model REMIND accounting for sector-specific transformation challenges and opportunities in energy supply, transport, buildings and industry;
• Participation with the REMIND model in international research efforts to explore transformation pathways to net-zero energy systems in line with the Paris Climate Goals;
• Collaboration with national and global modelling teams from around the world and participation in stakeholder dialogues;
• Development and validation of the global REMIND model together with other researchers working with the REMIND model;
• Analysis of sector transitions in the light of national and international climate policy efforts as well as technological progress in key mitigation technologies.
Application deadline: 31 October 2023