COFFEE – COmputable Framework For Energy and the Environment model
- Time horizon: 2010 to 2100
- Initial Release:2016
- Link to model wiki page:https://www.iamcdocumentation.eu/index.php/Model_Documentation_-_COFFEE-TEA
- Contact:Roberto Schaeffer
The COFFEE models was developed at COPPE/UFRJ, Brazil, for assessing climate, land, energy and environmental policies, providing relevant information to experts and decision-makers about the possible development strategies and repercussions of long term climate scenarios.
It is a perfect foresight linear programming optimization model, including 18 regions whose main purposes are
- Assessment of potential synergies/trade-offs in energy, environmental and climate policies
- Completely integrated (hard-link) between energy and land
- First global IAM built in a developing country.
The model can run on a stand-alone basis or linked through a soft-link process, providing long-term (up to 2100) assessments of the interaction between the energy and land-use systems and the economy.