Climate Action in the Post-COVID-19 world: Insights from EU-funded projects on how to build forward better
- Type of publication:Report
- Date of publication:November 2021
- Author/s:Katarzyna Drabicka (editor)
- Related Project:CASCADES, CONSTRAIN, ENGAGE, LOCOMOTION, NAVIGATE, PARIS REINFORCE, RECEIPT and VERIFY
The recent report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change could not have been clearer about the urgent need to act on the climate crisis if we want to save the planet and ourselves. The COVID-19 pandemic has been a stark reminder that our well-being depends on the health of the planet; the recovery strategies offer a once-in-a-century opportunity for a genuine paradigm shift towards a society that respects planetary boundaries.
What advice can the research community give to policymakers at this critical moment, against the backdrop of the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26), to help them shape a greener, more equitable and prosperous future for all? EU-funded Horizon 2020 projects CASCADES, CONSTRAIN, ENGAGE, LOCOMOTION, NAVIGATE, PARIS REINFORCE, RECEIPT and VERIFY have some ideas.
- Read more: “Climate action in the post-COVID world“.