FSR Climate is pleased to announce its 5th Annual Conference on the Economic Assessment of European Climate Policies to take place at the European University institute in Florence on 28-29 November 2019.
The conference will cover the main climate-related existing policies, at EU, national and subnational levels and will include plenary sessions on Energy efficiency, Renewable policies, Environmental taxation, and Emissions trading.
- Energy efficiency –Matthieu Glachant (MINES Paristech): Selling energy and saving energy: The industrial organisation of energy savings obligations
- Renewable policies – Natalia Fabra (Universidad Carlos III, Madrid): Competition among renewables
- Environmental taxation – Stephen Smith (University College London): The more the merrier? Potential and pitfalls of instrument combinations in climate policy
- Emissions trading – Luca Taschini (Grantham Research Institute LSE and University of Verona): Emissions trading systems, cap adjustments and the Market Stability Reserve
Keynote speaker: tbd
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers on the above topics should be submitted in pdf through this link. Submitted papers will be evaluated by the Conference Scientific Committee.
Deadline for paper submission: 30 September 2019. Decisions will be communicated by 8 October 2019.
Conference Scientific Committee: Valentina Bosetti (Bocconi University, FEEM, Italy), Marco Casari (University of Bologna, Italy), Antoine Dechezleprêtre (OECD), Massimo Filippini (Università della Svizzera Italiana and ETH Zurich, Switzerland), Matthieu Glachant (Ecole des mines de Paris, France), Ulrich Wagner (University of Mannheim, Germany).
Speaker (presenting a paper): 300 euro
Student (presenting a paper)*: 200 euro
Participant (not presenting): 400 euro.
* Students must provide proof of their student status.