The State of Carbon Dioxide Removal report is the first step towards a global assessment of the state of CDR and the gap we need to close. With future interactions of this assessment, it aims to build a community, bridge data gaps and support the scale up of CDR responsibly and equitably.
The first edition of the State of Carbon Dioxide Removal report will be launched during an online event next Thursday 19 January 2023, 16:00-17:30 GMT. Hear from report authors as they deliver the main findings from the flagship report, The State of Carbon Dioxide Removal. Plus expert guest commentators’ reaction and an opportunity for audience Q&A.
- Oliver Geden, German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP)
- Jan Minx, Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC)
- Gregory Nemet, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Steve Smith, University of Oxford
Special guest speaker:
- Jen Wilcox, US Department of Energy
The event will be chaired by Catherine Brahic, Environment Editor at The Economist.