The 26th Annual Conference of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists is organized by Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin) and Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU Berlin).
Due to the current Covid19 situation, the conference will be held as a fully online event.
Pre-Conferences: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Conference: Wednesday, June 23 – Friday, June 25, 2021.
Keynote – David Pearce Lecture
What can Environmental Economics Contribute to the Energy Transition Debate? The Complex Landscape of Integrated Assessment Modelling
Prof. Valentina Bosetti, Bocconi University and Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change
The Social Cost of Carbon
Prof. Joseph E. Stiglitz, Columbia University
Creating Incentives for Sustainable Finance
With the adoption of the Action Plan ‘Financing Sustainable Growth’, the European Commission is taking steps towards directing capital flows towards sustainable investment, in order to achieve sustainable economic growth. The Action Plan comprises a variety of measures to be implemented such as introducing a taxonomy of EU sustainability for the financial sector, creating standards and labels for green financial products, developing sustainability benchmarks, including of risks associated with climate and other environmental factors in institutions risk management policies. However, these regulative measures can only be successfully implemented if target-oriented incentives are set on the part of the relevant actors.
This panel includes experts from academia, politics and the financial sector:
- Prof. Stefano Battiston, Center for Financial Networks and Sustainability, Department Banking and Finance, University of Zurich
- Prof. Marie Brière, Head of Investor Research Center at AMUNDI (Asset Management of Crédit Agricole and Societé Génerale), Affiliate Professor with Paris Dauphine University
- Dr. Barbara Buchner, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI)
- Prof. Christian Gollier, Toulouse School of Economics, President of EAERE (moderator)
- Prof. Geoffery Heal, Professor of Social Enterprise, Columbia Business School