The goal of the conference is to promote the exchange of ideas among economists conducting quantitative analysis of global economic issues. Particular emphasis will be placed on applied general equilibrium methods, data, and application. Related theoretical and applied work is also welcome.
The overall theme of the conference is “Broadening Engagement in a Resilient and Sustainable International Trading System” with subthemes on:
- Handling sudden global disruptions (pandemic, war)
- Handling slow onset disasters (climate change and biodiversity loss)
- Innovation strategies of socio economic factors
- Inequalities between and within countries
- Globalization dynamics and financial markets
The following plenary sessions will be held during the conference and feature distinguished intellectual leaders in their respective fields whose presentations are designed to introduce participants to new topics as well as provide fresh insights into familiar ones.
Director and Chief Economist
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
Nathaniel Ropes Professor of Political Economy
Abstract submission deadline: 15 January 2023