The Competence Centre on Modelling of the European Commission is organising the 2021 EU Conference on modelling for policy support. The event will take place fully online during the week of 22 – 26 November 2021.
The Conference brings together researchers and policymakers from European and international institutions, Member States, universities, research institutes and consultancies. Its aim is to identify common challenges and solutions in the use of models to support policymaking. The 2021 programme will also offer interactive opportunities of exchange such as workshops and trainings.
Call for papers
Authors need to submit an extended abstract of maximum 2 pages (1000 words) in English by 30 June 2021.
Contributions should cover model development and use for policy development, assessment and implementation in the EU and in the Member States. Submissions should refer to one of the following areas:
- Transparency of models and their use
- Ensuring model quality
- Scenarios and data
- Assessing and communicating uncertainty in model results
- Multidisciplinary approaches, integrated assessment and model linkages
- Complex systems and multicriteria analysis for policy modelling
- Combination of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Communication and visualisation of model results
- Using model related evidence for policy: processes and experiences
Abstracts can refer to all policy fields characterised by the use of models in support to policymaking. They should clearly indicate the relevance and implications for model development and use in support to policy. The direct involvement of both scientists and policymakers in the presentation, as well as reference to concrete experiences of collaboration across disciplines, is an asset.