Deadlines for submissions
23 December 2019 – Policy Sessions
31 January 2020 – Thematic Sessions
The 25th Annual Conference of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE) will take place in Berlin from June 24th to June 27th, 2020.
There will be two types of pre-organised sessions at EAERE 2020 for which proposals are now invited.
(1) POLICY SESSIONS aim to advance the use of environmental and resource economics to support policy-making and to provide a forum of exchange between policy-makers and academics. Sessions are expected to be of interest to a broad audience of research economists. They will typically be formatted as short presentations followed by panel/roundtable discussions. Papers are not required. The Programme Committee will select a limited number of proposed Policy Sessions based on significance and originality. The Policy sessions will also run in parallel in much the same way as regular Parallel Sessions.
(2) THEMATIC SESSIONS aim to highlight current research on a subject in environmental and resource economics. Thematic sessions will consist of three to four papers connected by a unifying theme. The individual contributions are expected to be of very high quality, both with respect to the scientific content of the paper and the presentation. The Programme Committee will select a limited number of proposed Thematic Sessions based on scientific quality and originality. The proposed papers for these sessions will undergo the normal refereeing process; only papers that are approved will be included in the programme. The thematic sessions will run in parallel in much the same way as regular Parallel Sessions.
Proposal, guidelines and rules
To propose a Policy Session, please send an email with “Policy Session” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your email, include the following information:
- Proposed title of the Policy Session
- Name(s) of the Policy Session’s organiser(s)
- A short description of the theme and its relevance to environmental or natural resource economists
- For each participant a one paragraph bio and a brief description of their expertise
- Each participant in the Policy Session contributes a short statement to the proposal about their contribution to the session.