The Group of Energy, Economy and Systems Dynamics (GEEDS) is opening a job offer for a Post-doctoral Researcher. This is a full-time position in Valladolid (Spain), requiring 37,5 hours per week and shall be signed for a period of 12 months.
The postdoctoral researcher will join a team of modelers from various areas (economy, demography, social, land use, climate, water, materials, energy, etc.) that is developing a new IAM (Integrated Assessment Model) within the project LOCOMOTION.
Integration in the GEEDS team that works on the European projects H2020 LOCOMOTION (2019-2023) and Rethink Action (2021-2025). GEEDS is coordinator of LOCOMOTION, in which a new IAM is being developed, integrating teams of modelers from various disciplines (economy, demography, social, land use, climate, water, materials, energy, etc.):
- Leadership of research work subgroups and contribution to the model of the different submodules.
- Contribution to the scientific and technical coordination of the model and obtaining results with the 14 partners of the project.
- Responsibilities in deliverables of the mentioned projects.
- Scientific dissemination and publications in the areas described.
Level of education required
- Engineering, economics or environment studies.
- Doctorate related to any of these topics: IAMs, Climate change and energy transition, modeling and simulation of energy-economy-environment systems.
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge in modeling and programming, preferably with System Dynamics and Vensim software, but also Python, gitlab and; as well as uncertainty analysis.
- Knowledge of policies for adaptation and mitigation of climate change and energy transition, modeling of macro-energy systems, techno-economic evaluation of new low-carbon energy technologies and their role in a decarbonized energy sector. IPCC international climate change scenarios (SSP, RCP and SPA).
- Experience in international projects in the field of modeling and simulation, climate change or energy transition.
- Relevant publications in the fields described above.
- In a complementary way, knowledge in LCA methods for the evaluation of energy technologies and systems, agent-based modeling, as well as GIS will also be valued.
- Availability to reside in Valladolid (Spain) and to travel in the context of the European projects in which the GEEDS group participates.
- Ability to work in a group.
Very high level of spoken and written English. Other languages will be valued.
Range between € 1,780 and € 2,170 gross per month (14 monthly payments) or between € 24,960 and € 30,380 per year gross.
Higher salary proposals may be considered based on the qualities of the candidate.
Applications, deadline and form of presentation
Necessary documentation to present:
- Photocopy of all accrediting titles, both requirements and merits. The originals may be requested from the candidates at any time during the selection process. Failure to contribute may lead to the exclusion of the candidate from the process.
- Photocopy of the National Identity Document or equivalent proof of identity document (passport, NIE …)
- Motivation letter (<1 page)
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
The deadline for submitting applications is September 10.
All requests will be addressed to: email@example.com
More info here.