The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable development. It is one of the world’s leading research institutions in its field and offers natural and social scientists from around the world an inspiring environment for excellent interdisciplinary research.
PIK’s Research Department III – Transformation pathways – is offering a
Postdoctoral position in global energy transition modeling (m/f/d)
(Position number: 26-2023 PostDoc energy transition)
in the field of integrated assessment modelling of climate change starting on 01.10.2023.
The position is funded for two years until 30.09.2025. The recruitment is subject to the approval of the project. Extension dependent on external funding is envisaged. Remuneration is in accordance with the German public tariff scheme (TV-L Brandenburg), salary group E 13. This is a full-time positions with a weekly working time of 40 hours per week. The position can be filled on a part-time basis.
- Coordination of the global energy transition scenario analysis with the integrated assessment model REMIND.
- Coordination of development and validation of the global REMIND model together with other researchers working with the REMIND model
- Analysis of sector transitions in the light of national and international climate policy efforts as well as technological progress in key mitigation technologies
- Participation with the REMIND model in international research efforts to explore energy transformation pathways in line with the Paris Climate Goals
- Collaboration with national and global modelling teams from around the world and participation in stakeholder dialogues.