We are looking for candidates working at the intersection between behavioural economics/finance and climate/transition economics. The postholder will participate in the activities of the SMOOTH research project (Sustainable Finance for a Smooth Low-Carbon Transition: https://site.unibo.it/smooth/en), which aims at improving the understanding of how expectations, sentiments and cognitive biases affect the carbon intensity of physical and financial investments.
The features of the ideal candidate include:
- A Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Behavioural Sciences or any other field relevant to the call;
- Familiarity with both behavioural economics/finance and climate/transition economics;
- Demonstrable experience in conducting independent academic research;
- Experience in publishing in high-impact journals or clear potential to do so;
- Experience with working as part of a project team;
- International work and study experience;
- Excellent ability in writing and speaking in English.
The position will last two years, with the option of extending it for the third year. The gross annual salary is 35,000 €. The salary is exempt of taxation but subject to pension contributions. The monthly net salary is approximately equal to 2,583 €. We expect the postholder to be based in Bologna. The knowledge of the Italian language is welcome but not a prerequisite.
Please, consider that applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. We thus suggest early applications.