Postdoctoral position at The Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC), Germany
The Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC) in Berlin is offering a Postdoctoral position on “Causal Climate Policy Evaluation” (m/f/d) in the fields of Environmental Economics, Transportation Economics, Applied Econometrics, funded for three years (full-time) in an inspiring environment for scientific excellence with a starting date as soon as possible.
MCC is a scientific think-tank that combines high-level economic and social science research with a structured approach at the science-policy interface. The successful candidate will join MCC’s Policy Evaluation Lab and be involved in the prestigious ARIADNE project funded by the German Ministry for Education and Research. ARIADNE is the largest and most ambitious research project in Germany on the design of the energy transition, providing evidence-based policy assessments in an integrated approach with stakeholders.
- PhD (or be close to finishing PhD) in economics or a related field
- Advanced skills in econometrics/statistics as well as research interest in environmental economics
- Boundless enthusiasm about applying quasi-experimental program evaluation techniques (DID, SCM, RD) to evaluate climate policies
- Coding skills are a prerequisite, especially in R (or Stata or Python)
- Capacity for teamwork and interest in collaborative research
- Existing knowledge of climate policy instruments (such as carbon pricing) and their real-world implementation is extremely helpful but not strictly required
- An inspiring and international work environment in a world leading research institute on climate policy issues
- Working in a dedicated and motivated team with very supportive colleagues and a well- established international research network
- Meaningful involvement in a research project of immediate policy relevance, providing the opportunity to gain experience in science-policy dialogues
- Flexible and family-friendly working time as well as mobile working possibilities (up to 40% of your hours)
- Attractive working space in an old industrial building at the vibrant EUREF-Campus in Berlin
- Participation in employee retirement provision
Deadline: until the position is filled