Postdoc/Junior Scientist Statistical Downscaling of Climate Predictions and Projections aat CMCC, Italy
The CMCC Foundation , Division of Climate Simulations and Predictions (CSP) is looking for a new position of postdoc/junior scientist to support our statistical downscaling activity of the CMCC climate model output, covering different time horizons: seasonal, decadal and long term. This is in line with different ongoing projects active in CSP and also supporting the PNRR (Piano Nazionale Ripresa e Resilienza) “National Centre for HPC Big Data and Quantum Computing” activities, with the aim to improve the resolution of our products to make them useful for decision making across different sectors.
The position has been opened within the project “National Centre for HPC Big Data and Quantum Computing”, CUP C83C2200056007 – 1 Piano Nazionale di Ripresa e Resilienza (PNRR)- CN00000013- “National Centre for HPC, Big Data and Quantum Computing.
The job location is CMCC Headquarters or Site in Bologna, Italy.
CMCC is looking for a motivated person with the following requirements:
- a PhD in scientific disciplines related to climate dynamics, possibly dealing with statistical downscaling of climate prediction
- very good knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and skills in programming language (i.e Python and Fortran)
- proven publication track record, will be particularly valued
- very good knowledge of the English language
- excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- teamworking attitude and ability to work independently
Application deadline: 31 August 2023