The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, society, the world of business, and policymakers.
CMCC work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
CMCC Division of Advanced Computing Division (ASC), located in Lecce, is looking for a new position of Post Doc, responsible for supporting the ASC Division in the design, development, and deployment of AI-based applications for climate science case studies, especially related to extreme weather events (e.g., tropical cyclones and wildfires).
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent fields
- PhD in Computer Science or equivalent fields.
- 2+ years’ experience in Data Science (DS), Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL). An added value would be experience in climate science applications and case studies.
- 3+ years’ experience in scientific Python programming.
- Experience with well-known tools and software libraries for DS, ML and DL (e.g., numpy, pandas, xarray, scikit-learn, matplotlib etc.).
- Experience with at least one DL framework (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.).
- Experience in managing NetCDF data.
- Knowledge of HPC and distributed environments, as well as training massive DL models with such environments.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Contributing to scientific paper production.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
Application deadline: 15 November 2023