Hydraulic/hydrological modelling expert at REMHI (CMCC)
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, society, the world of business, and policymakers. The aim is to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
The CMCC Division of Regional Models and geo-hydrological impacts (REMHI), located in Caserta, is looking for a new position of Hydraulic/hydrological modelling expert, responsible for supporting the division team in exploiting consultance service for private company interested on working on asset resilience, develop innovative research activities, participating to research projects and delivering research papers for peer-reviewed international journals, take part to national and international workshop presenting results activities.
- M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Civil or Environmental Engineering;
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Hydraulic or Environmental Engineering with focus on catchment hydrology, groundwater and/or urban drainage;
- Solid knowledge of Flood and Flood Hazard modelling in urban and natural catchments;
- Statistics of extremes and Extreme Value Analysis, Groundwater modelling (one or several);
- Experience with MATLAB, ArcGIS, R (one or several).
- Familiarity with the most common rainfall-runoff modelling tools (e.g. HEC-HMS, SWMM or others) is particularly appreciated;
- Experience in writing research papers for peer-reviewed journals (first author position is particularly appreciated);
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in team;
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of SAP software
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem-solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Good in time and priority management
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The appointment period will be initially of 18 months starting from October 1st 2023, renewable for more additional months pending a positive evaluation. Tenure can be granted from 2 to 4 years after being appointed as a junior researcher
- The gross annual salary range is from 28 to 35 K Euros, depending on qualification and working experience.
- Private health care coverage
- Welfare package
- Possibility to access flexible working time as per internal policies
- Support during the immigration process, if needed
Deadline: September 15th, 2023