CMCC’s Division of Information Systems for Climate Science and Decision-Making (ISCD), located in Milan, is looking for a bright researcher motivated to work on the defining issue of climate finance policy, with an interest in climate finance policy. The candidate will join an international and interdisciplinary team and will work on exploring, understanding and reporting on the global climate resilience and green growth financing landscape, as well as on accelerating the mobilization of financing & investment entities to help bridge the adaptation finance gap.
Specific tasks included but are not limited to:
- Develop an innovative methodology on prioritizing funding sources and investment opportunities for climate resilience within adaptation strategies and projects;
- Develop training material on climate resilience funding and investment concepts;
- Develop a conceptual framework for the analysis of adaptation investment needs;
- Write and contribute to scientific articles and science-policy reports derived from the above work, and present those at scientific workshops and conferences.
- PhD in economics and finance and MBA, environmental engineering, or any related fields to climate finance policy;
- Documented experience in European and international research projects related the above-mentioned tasks;
- Fluency in English (Italian not needed), good presentation and writing skills;
- Willingness to travel to project meetings and to conferences;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and diverse environment committed to high-quality research.
Deadline: October 23, 2023