The 15th IAMC Annual Meeting has closed the submission process: this year we received a record number of 279 submissions.
The proposals for presentations are currently being evaluated on the basis of scientific quality, relevance for the themes and originality. There are also some secondary criteria, e.g. IAMC prefers not to have too many presentations of one team. Notifications on the results of the evaluation process are expected to be circulated in early September.
Top 5 topics in terms of submissions are:
- NATIONAL. Assessment of national mitigation strategies (including net-zero pathways) and the 2023 Global Stocktake
- SUSTAINABLE – Assessment of Sustainable Development Strategies and assessment of water/land/energy interactions
- SECTORAL. Integrated assessment of pathways to carbon neutrality in individual sectors, including industry, transport and building
- DEEP. Analysis of deep mitigation strategies, including the use of carbon dioxide removal
- METHODS – Methodological issues (uncertainty analysis, new programming languages, presentation tools etc.
The following chart shows the number of submissions (for both oral and poster presentations) per topic. On the basis of the evaluation and number of submissions some topics can be merged into larger sessions.
Considering the country of residence of the corresponding author, we received papers from 23 countries. The graphic below shows the country distribution of submissions.